Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Betsy - More Christmas projects.

Hi all  -  Betsy here today, showing some more Christmas projects.

The weeks have sure flown by - where to I don't know - not long now until the BIG day. Isn't it amazing how everything centres round one day, the 25th of December, the deadline for all things or so it seems. Even when we were farming, the swedes had to be sown by Christmas day, deadline! Why I don't know! I was married to a very conscientious farmer, I'm thinking! There are certainly benefits being retired, I can assure you!




Firstly, don't you agree my two grandkids are beautiful?! Just a little decoration - the Spellbinders pointsettia die was used for the flower, also their long trailing leaf vine die. Kaisercraft pearls just finish it off round the edge of the photo.






Here are some tree ornaments that I decided to trial. The Cuttlebug snowflake die was used to cut the foundation piece, after glueing it, it was dipped in glitter, both sided, then let dry. Tim Holtz rosette is sure one of my favourites - attached a rosette back and front then a bit of bling in the centre. I think they look quite effective and are very easily made. Here is a close up of the ornament, so as to get a better idea of how I put it together. I do use a heat gun on most of my projects as I find it dries quickly and is permanent.





Lastly, using Tim Holtz birdcage die I made this ornament. You can see what I mean about the Tim Holtz rosette die  - it certainly is used a lot!!

Well, that's all from me as I think the countdown may be running out. We're off South again for Christmas, as Hugh is very keen to get back to the farm, so will catch up when we return.
Trust you will all have a safe and happy Christmas.
May all experience God's blessing especially at this time of the year as we remember the birth of our Saviour, and of course enjoy all our families.

God bless,
Betsy xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Betsy. I have those sparkly snowflakes in the window display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Betsy. I love them all! Lovely photo of the grandkids too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous again Betsy. I am a big fan of the Heat gun too!
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete