Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Teresa Sketch and pink cards...

Hi everyone! Liz here. You don't hear much from me these days! I keep myself busy ordering product for the shop, running events, classes, kits and more - so I guess you'll excuse me. I love our Design Team though - and their work is fantastic. It's amazing that there was even a spare day on the schedule for me to sneak in a post!

Here's what we are doing for card class this morning:


To tie in with this month's Centre Stage, I've used the sketch that Teresa Collins kindly provided. We popped it on the website (Centre Stage/Challenges) and in the weekly email but apologies that we neglected to put it on the blog!). If you create anything based on this sketch during the month of May, be sure to email us a picture to entries@artfullcrafts.co.nz by 29th May and be in the draw to win great prizes from Teresa Collins.



This card has been made using Authentique's Uncommon 6x6 pad and some Pink Paislee London Market products. I really really love the soft pinks (in fact these ranges are up with my all-time favourites). I've used a Unity Company rubber stamp (the rose has now sold out but there are still plenty more fabulous designs.)


I decided that buttons would be an easier option than hexagons for class - and they do match in with the gorgeous London Market spool top! (Okay so I need to stop using my iphone to take photos in our dim lounge...)



And while I'm here, I'll show you the card that Betsy made with this range (and that I'm teaching today at card class). She loves working with pretty papers and has found this great template in the world-wide-web somewhere. But we're not exactly sure who to give credit too. Hopefully the ladies will be happy measuring to the mm this morning!


When unfolded it looks like this. It's actually pretty easy to make (it starts with a triangle).




Have a great day and don't forget to send in your sketch entries (or anything created with Teresa Collins or on the theme of Travel).
:-) Liz

3 comments: