1) Who is Jenni Bowlin and how long have you been acting on the Crafting Stage? I
am a wife to Jared and mother to Noah (14) and Christian (10). We live
on a little farm outside of Nashville, TN. I have been working in this
industry for more than 12 years now!
2) What is Jenni Bowlin’s Theme Song? Toby Mac – “Lose My Soul”
Please share with us a brief synopsis of the Jenni Bowlin Studio story
and don’t forget to tell us anything that sets you apart. Our
tag line is “Building Blocks for Creative Storytelling”. This is what
we do, but with a “Vintage Fresh” attitude. My goal is always to create
products that can be used simply or could easily be altered to take it a
step further. I have always thought that what sets up apart is the
fact that our products aren’t trendy – they are classic and always in
4) As owner, what part of your job gives you the most joy? Meeting people who love the product as much as I do.
5) Where do you think the papercraft industry is heading and what major trends do you see developing for the next year? I wish I had a magic wand! I think we will continue to find ways to tell our stories beyond the 12 x 12 scrapbook page.
6) How do you use Social Media to keep your audience clapping?
I have an awarded winning DT and they are always “hoping” and
“tweeting” and “posting”! We utilize facebook, twitter, pinterest and
Product Design Questions:
1) How often do you produce a new release and what’s coming up that we should be excited about? We
have two bigger releases and two smaller releases in between those,
each year. I am still finishing up our CHA-W release – the biggest of
the year! We have some exciting new products as well as additions to
our popular lines coming. We also just introduced a “True Vintage” line
of actual antique/vintage ephemera and will be adding some new
offerings with this release.
2) If you thought about your collections as costumes, explain the type of characters that would wear them. Scarlett and Rhett – Gone With The Wind!
3) How do you get your creative juices flowing. What inspires you? A trip to Anthropologie or the antique store always does the trick!
4) Please describe the process from design concept through to product delivery.
It is very long and sometimes very hard. I think the biggest issue is
always loving an idea but not being able to bring it to market because
of price. I always have people say “why don’t you try this”? It seems
simple, but it’s just not! There are so many factors involved and
sometimes a great idea stays just that – an idea and never reality.
That is always a bummer!
5) What’s your personal all-time favourite Jenni Bowlin range and why? Our Classic Red/Black Line. That’s why we add on to it each fall. I can’t let it go!
Thanks Jenni for joining us today and giving us some more insight into you and the company. We are looking forward to your visit to New Zealand next year at Autumn Escape and have enjoyed featuring your company here at Artfull Crafts.
To win a some fabulous products from Jenni Bowlin, head to our website and tell us which paper range you like the most - Wren, Christmas 2012 or Magpie. Leave a comment on the blog or on our Facebook Page by 30th October to be in the draw.