Thursday, March 21, 2013

Jo Johnson - Autumn card

Hi everyone, here is part two of my metal series using Twiddleybitz chipboard and working in with Artfull Crafts Autumn theme.   This card was made for a friend.  I wanted to make something really special, so I went to work.

Firstly I embossed a metal sheet, then I ran the sheet back though the embossing machine, with these three chipboard leaves under it, the embossing has been undone.  I coloured the sheet with alcohol inks, and adhered to cardstock.


 
I used gesso on the maple leaf, and layed the other leaf over the top, this made a pattern on the leaf.
I then coloured with alcohol inks.

I made this set of three tags using metal on the first, embossing and distress inks on the second, and then stamping this fantastic saying on another tag (a Darkroom door stamp) and inking the edges.


I used alcohol ink on a white gloss tag, then stamped it with adirondack ink (Darkroom door stamp).  I coloured the Twiddleybitz small chipboard frame with glimmer glam, and distress inked it a bit.  I glued the frame on to the tag.

Time to put it all together.

 A few embellishments to add some more depth to the card, roses, a bow, and some maple leaves. That is an acetate leaf in the background.

My finished card, I used Bobunny paper for underneath it all, and mounted the metal on to brown cardstock.  I sprayed muslin and tied it to the tag.  Then I had much pleasure giving my friend the card, and she loved it, she is also a crafter, and I knew that the time and effort would be appreciated all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment