Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Melissa - Fly Free Layout & Process Video

Good morning, it's Melissa here, and today I'm sharing the first layout I created with the stunning Kaisercraft Fly Free Collection.  This collection has everything I love - bright colours, pretty florals and is super girly of course!

I decided to try and go minimal with this one, because lately I've noticed that I've been embellishing a lot.  I started with the border sticker and my ink splatters, which I originally kept down the centre.  I knew that I wanted to use on patterned paper as a feature, and I chose the pink and green floral, and cut two pieces.  Next I placed the Collectable embellishments, phrase stickers, journalling and title.  And because I couldn't leave well enough alone, I added more mist!

The photo is of my youngest and I when she was around 8 weeks old, and I took it on the night of our Queenstown Winter Festival Opening party.  I had tried to go into town for the fireworks, but had left it too late and the traffic was gridlocked (we live about 15 minutes out of town).  So I headed back home and was more than happy to snuggle my darling girl than be out in the cold watching fireworks.


The "love" is a Heidi swap acetate word that I adhered with my sewing machine, and the 'indeed' is an Amy Tangerine gold thicker title.


I fussy cut out a flower to balance the embellishment on the left side.


The flower on the right side is a die cut from the Collectables.


You can watch how this all came together in my process video below:


Thanks for looking, see you soon!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment