Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Home for Christmas - Megan

You would be forgiven for thinking I had left the DT - I haven't been around much of late with too many things happening in my own life, scrapping took a bit of a back burner, and now that things are back on more of an even keel I have more time to scrap :)
Its a bit photo heavy this post so be warned!  You might want to grab a cuppa first :)


The first collection I have been playing with is Home for Christmas.  Its a beautiful collection of rich greens, reds, cream and gold - a traditional Christmas collection.  And I love it :)






I bought this old lamp in a sale with no thought as to what I was going to do with it, but when I saw this collection I knew I was going to use it to decorate it.




Ive used some old Prima flowers from my stash and mixed them with poinsettias made form some of the gold and cream papers.  The twine ribbons were in my DT kit and are in shop - they're great for adding detail to a project and better yet you can fiddle with them and they stay put!


Whats Christmas without a card?  The first is pretty simple. I focused on the circular patterned and built the card up around that.  The saying has been removed and then added back in, on top of two different circle dies.

Every card needs an envelope too!  No quite sure what we did without envelope makers before now  ;) Do you spy one of the new Artfull Crafts Embellies?


For the second card I have used one of the 3x4 cut apart pieces and based my card around that.  Again simple but looks effective, and proves 3x4 aren't just for Project Life ;)


The last piece to show is a tag.  I wanted to create something monochromatic and with a bit of depth.  This time Ive gone with golds and creams - the poinsettias here are Spellbinders.

Thanks for popping by!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE your posting! I have an old lamp -like yours shown-that has sat in the shed for years! You just might have got my creative juices working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work again Megan

    ReplyDelete