Thursday, November 19, 2015

Lisa - quick & easy Christmas cards

Hello! Lisa here, with my first contribution the Christmas Countdown that kicked off this week. :)

Now, I want to start by saying that I am by no means a card maker-- I usually leave that to all the other talented ladies on the Design Team, because it's definitely not my area of expertise. That said though, I have put together a couple of quick & easy cards -- and I figure that if I can do it, then anyone can!

Both these cards were made using the lovely Simple Stories Claus & Co range of designs, which you can find here.

My first card uses a panel cut from the 4x6 vertical journal cards sheet, which I've adhered to a simple black card.  I've used a craft knife to cut along three sides of randomly selected squares on the panel, in order to form little opening "windows." I was going for a look similar to the advent calendar style, and I think I've pulled it off. :) The little doors open to reveal a sheet of patterned paper from the range, which I cut slightly smaller and stuck to the card first before the top layer.




Another angle, showing the little windows opened futher:


Nice and simple! :)

My second card also uses a black card as the base, and the style of it is a great way to use up leftover scraps of paper that remain after completing bigger projects - because if you're anything like me, you don't tend to throw ANYTHING away of it can possibly be re-used! ;)


 I simply layered strips of paper into a loose representation of a xmas-tree shape, alternating colours and patterns and angling them a little as I went. The top of the tree and the trunk are pieces of paper placed vertically as opposed to the horizontal branches. Play around and rearrange the branch pieces until you're happy with how it looks, then glue them into place. To finish, I added a silver star sequin on top, and some silver bling dots randomly on the body of the tree.


Again, nice and simple, and quick to make, too!

Thanks so much for looking, and I'll see you again soon. :)

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

5 comments: