Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christine - Christmas Cards

Hi there, Christine here.  Today I am going to show you how I make my Christmas Cards that I send in the post to friends and family.  I love to get everything organised and then I can sit down and put them all together like a production line. I was able to put these ones together while watching the Rugby on TV!

This is one of the finished cards- the next few photos show you the process I went through to make my cards.
First I got all my supplies - For my Patterned paper I used Simple Stories - 25 Days of Christmas Flash Cards and their 6x6 paper pad; Cardstock - Black, Kraft, Cream and green. Peelcraft strips and Kaisercraft Rhinestones.
The next step was to get my bits & pieces ready. The cream card was for the card, the black for the base and I punched a border along the bottom of it. The Kraft I cut into strips and made tags out of them to stamp my Greeting on using a  Kaisercraft  stamp. The green I stamped with a Kaisercraft Holly stamp and then cut them out - (Since then I have bought a Holly Punch!) The SS Flash cards I cut out of the sheet of 12x12 paper. I also cut up strips of Paper from 2 pieces of the 6x6 paper pad.


This photo shows the steps I did to put it all together! Starting at the top left - I attached the flash card to the black card.
Top right - I attached a strip of PP with staples to the bottom of the black card. 
Bottom left - Attached the black card base to the cream card and added the kraft tag.
Bottom right - Attached the holly leaves and added 3 red rhinestones as the berries. Then added a piece of peelcraft lines to the top corner and a star to the tag. - All done!





Here are some of the finished cards. They were all a bit different as there were 12 different flash cards, 2 different papers for the strips and I used 2 stamp greetings. It didn't take very long to put together the 24 cards. It was great to use the flash cards instead of the same bit of patterned paper as it kept me interested and not bored while doing them all.
Hope you have enjoyed seeing my 'production' line of Christmas cards. I have kept them flat as these will be posted.

TFL


Have a good day and happy crafting!

Christine

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Christine - I am always interested in how other people work - and these cards look great. LOVE that Simple Stories too!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Christine
    Saw you card on Southern girls Challenge Blog, so I thought I would pop over and have a look at your site,and I am impressed on how you make full use of your PP, your cards look amazing and with little embellishment, unlike myself, I might say where I seem to need to embellish to think the card is worth much!!!!
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Christine. I love this range of papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun to craft and watch TV at the same time ! me, I listen to the podcasts on my laptop while I make cards.

    ReplyDelete