Friday, November 25, 2011

Lisa with some gifts made using Kaisercrafts' Madame Boutique....

Hi Everyone, Lisa here. Today I have some handmade gifts to share using one of my current favourite ranges....Kaisercrafts' Madame Boutique. It is such a lovely range of greens, browns & cream with a vintage theme. Recently I was lucky enough to attend a class with Melissa Kennedy at Kaisercraft. Here is what we made.


You may recognise this frame, as Lowri recently posted her fabulous version of the frame. We had worked on the frame in the class & completed the embellishments at home. This is why our versions differ. My frame was still sitting on my "to do" pile until this week when I decided to get it finished for this post..lol. I'm so glad I did I'm really happy with the end result. Its a little more over done with embellishments than I would normally do, but I think it works. The photo is of my children all dressed up at a Pioneer Village a few years ago. I don't have any old photos of relatives which is quite sad, so if you have them treasure them.


Here is a close up of the larger cluster of flowers. I started with some flowers from the new Collectables (Oh how I love thee!) I then added a handmade flower made using an old dress making pattern, that has a large pearl brad as a centre. I made another flower using a large paper blossom flower which I opened out completely & removed the foam centre so I could flatten the flower. I then inked the edges of the flower & placed a inked resin flower in the centre. I added some co-ordinating mini paper blooms, leaves & twisted wire for extra decoration.


I've made two other quick and easy gifts to show you today. I love to give token gifts & chocolates for those people that you perhaps don't really exchange gifts with but you want to give them a token of appreciation. This sticky note pad holder & corner bookmark are both really sweet and ever so easy to make.


This is how the bookmark sits in a book, so its quite functional as well as very sweet.


  
Here is what the sticky note holder looks like when open.


Here is a very basic template for both of these projects.
For the sticky note holder cut a strip of card stock 3 1/4 inches wide by the full length of the card stock (12 inches). Score at 8.5cm then 9.5cm then 19.5cm then cut at approx 22.5cm (the length you cut the excess off  at will depend on what border you create etc as to how much overhang you will need to leave)
Fold all crease lines inwards, once you have cut the excess off, punch your bottom overlapping edge. Place a piece of double sided tape on the very base of the inside of the bottom flap so that it pinches in & will hold the top piece in place...(hope this makes sense)
Decorate using co-ordinating papers & embellishments.

The bookmark is even easier. Cut a 4x4 inch square of card stock. Make a mark on one edge at the 2 inch point. Fold two corners in (see photo above) until they meet. Cover the join with patterned paper, I like to join with hambly tape/tissue tape as it is thin - then cover with the patterned paper. Trim the overhanging rectangle piece as necessary again depending on the punched border you are using.
Decorate using co-ordinating papers & embellishments.

I hope you will have a go at making these perhaps for someone for Christmas, they are also great for teachers gifts.

Have a great day.
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. I love the frame Lisa, that collection is gorgeous! The bookmarks look easy to make, might have a go at making some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool ideas! I must finish my frame one day too...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your frame Lisa and that bookmark is gorgeous too. Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete