Saturday, October 25, 2014

Lisa - Rustic Harmony layouts

Good morning! I hope you're all having a lovely, restful long weekend-- and maybe taking the chance to get some crafting done, too. :) It's Lisa here, and today I'm sharing a couple of layouts I've made with Kaisercraft's lovely Rustic Harmony range. The papers have a shabby chic, rustic style, with lots of texture and muted colours. Good fun to play with!



My first layout has plain white cardstock as the base, with some of the Amity paper layered on top. The pale, muted florals in this design are gorgeous. On the left, I've used one of the 6x4 Captured Moments cards, featuring a quote I really like. I've teamed that with three photos on the right-hand side, using circles and curved images to break up all the straight lines of the rest of the page. Along the very bottom, I've used a lace border, taken from the sticker sheet. Some veneer shapes, a die-cut butterfly and some bling gems finish it off.

A closer shot is below:


My second layout also has a sheet of white cardstock as a base, but this time I've used some Ranger Distress Stain in Worn Lipstick to add touches of colour. I kinda smooshed it on (highly technical term there, I know) until I was happy with the effect. To tone it down a little, I blended over it with another colour of Distress Stain: Picket Fence. That gave me the faded look I was wanting.


A sheet of woodgrain patterned paper from the small paper pad was used as a base for my single photo-- an Instagram shot of my daughter that I'd combined with another shot of the evening horizon using one of the many photo apps available. The floral design on the photo was also added with yet another photo app-- it's a great way of creating a little bit of digital art to use along with the more traditional method of scrapbooking. :) 


Around the edges, I layered a selection of fabric and paper flowers, some of the Collectables, veneer shapes and bling gems, along with some Captured Moments text stickers.


On the other corner, I added a piece of striped cream and grey ribbon, along with a few more embellishments. A piece of crochet lace ribbon along the very bottom of the layout to finish everything off, and it was all done. :)

You can view and order the complete Rustic harmony collection online here. Have a great holiday weekend, and as always, thanks so much for looking!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment