Saturday, February 21, 2015

Lisa - Betsy's Couture layouts

Hello! Lisa here again, and this time I'm sharing a couple of layouts made with a very special range of papers-- the lovely Betsy's Couture range, designed by and named after our very own Miss Betsy! The line features gorgeous vintage designs and muted colours, with a lot of intricate patterns. I especially love the various shades of blue used, and had a lot of fun putting these projects together. :)

The first layout is one of my tried-and-true grid styles, but on a larger scale this time, filling up the entire page.  It's a 3x3 design, with 6 of the squares covered with patterned papers cut to the same size (based on the size of the photo in the centre) and the top right and bottom left squares left blank for the background cardstock to show through.


I used a selection of  patterns from the smaller paper pad, sticking to mainly blues and browns. On each square, I added various embellishments, including wood veneer pieces, crochet lace ribbon, some of the Collectables, a doily cut in half, as well as gold glitter leaves and some other goodies from my stash.

A couple of closer shots are below:



My second layout has a sheet of royal blue cardstock as a base-- not a colour I can recall ever having used before, but it works wonderfully with the blues in this range. On top, I layered some of the Bustier paper as a place for my photograph, along with one of the shaped borders from the small paper pad on the left. On the right, I clustered an assortment of embellishments: doilies, flowers, some of the fabulous Collectables, as well as some bling.


A closer shot:


As you can see, this range works just as well for modern-themed layouts as it does for vintage/heritage pages. Such a versatile collection-- well done, Miss Betsy! :)

You can find Betsy's Couture here-- it's been an extremely popular one!

Thanks for looking, and I will see you again soon!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment