Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Lisa - Wanderlust

Hello all! :) Hard to believe we're in February already-- I'm hoping the summer sticks around a while longer yet, and that autumn treats us to long, warm, settled days.

Today I have a couple of layouts to share with you, made with one of Kaisercraft's new releases for this month: Wanderlust. It's perfect for all those travel photos, with lovely earthy shades and journey-related imagery.


For the first layout I used a sheet of green cardstock for the base, and splattered it with a little indian ink.  I then layered some of the Adventurous paper,  along with my photo and one of the 6x4 Captured Moments cards, featuring a quote I really liked.  A handtorn strip from the Freedom sheet acts as an anchor below, as does another hand-torn piece along the very bottom, this time from the Wander sheet, featuring a great faux-leather effect.


To finish off, I've added embellishments in the form of some of the Collectables, some wood veneer pieces, ribbon, some travel-themed washi tape, and a few other little bits and pieces from my stash.

A closer look is below:


My second layout uses the diecut Globe paper as the main feature-- it's a stunning design, and almost too nice to use!  But use it I did, figuring that it was so striking that it really deserved to pretty much stand on its own. I attached it to a sheet of blue cardstock, and used a single favourite photograph of my daughter in the centre. 


I added a couple of flower embellishments on the bottom left, with two fancy brads in the middle of them. A quote strip cut from the selvedge edge of one of the sheets of paper finishes it all off. Simple yet (I think) effective.

The Wanderlust collection can be found here. As always, thanks for looking, and I'll see you again later in the month. :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment