Thursday, July 26, 2012

Louise - Pink & Blue Combo with Washi

Hi Louise here to share a cute, quick and easy project with washi tape and a cheapo note book.

I started with this cheap pen and notebook from our local discount store


I sealed the notebook with modge podge, once it was dry I painted the notebook white with acrylic paint.  When it was dry I covered with strips of washi tape, I also wound another design of tape around the pen.

 On the inside I stuck down white card to hide the ripped ends of the tape.

I added elastic to the back to make a band to flick around to the front to hold the notebook shut.  I also made a loop in the front to hold the pen in place.  I attached the elastic using my eyelet fastener and large eyelets
To finish I cut a banner with spellbinders a Ribbon banners die and fussy cut a balloon from one of the papers in the 6x6 Basic Grey "What's Up" paper pad.

And there you have it a quick and cute gift for a friend or just something cute for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I love the "Everyday Eclectic" balloon added to the front :)

    ReplyDelete