Friday, November 8, 2013

Lisa - Heidi Swapp Mixed Company layout

Hello again! Lisa here, with a post featuring some of the lovely papers from this month's Centre Stage star: Heidi Swapp! More specifically, the Mixed Company range, and even MORE specificially, the Good Life paper -- which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it.

 I absolutely love circles, and this paper features a bunch of them, in all kinds of fabulous designs. Lately I have been framing up my Instagram shots using circle frames, so combining them in a layout seemed like a perfect match to me. :)


I used black cardstock as the page base, because I wanted the circles to be the star of the show. The larger circles are hand-cut from the 12x12 Good Life sheet, and the smaller circles are from the 6x6 pad. I selected a handful of my favourite images/designs and arranged them in layers on the page until I was happy with the composition, then lightly inked the edges and stuck them down around my two photographs. The Helen Keller quote is actually an Instagram shot too, with text on top of a landscape picture I took, but for this layout, I cut it down until just the quote was showing, and tucked it in just behind the central strip of paper. I think having some of the circles "cut off" helps give the layout a sense of movement...like bubbles, maybe? Or perhaps I've just had way too much coffee today. It's extrememly possible! ;)


The ampersand is chipboard coloured with gold paint to add a little bit of dimension, and I also added some Kaisercraft bling to the tips of the crown image. (Love that crown!) The chevron arrows are cut from a sheet of the Mixed Graphic paper, as are the two banner strips at the top left of the page. There's such a great variety in the Mixed Company range-- vintage images, graphic elements, abstract patterns-- it really lends itself to a myriad of projects, both masculine & feminine. Pop over to the website and take a look at the range and see what catches your eye!

As always, thanks for looking, and have a fab day!

Cheers,
Lisa

2 comments: