Thursday, July 10, 2014

Lisa - Bow and Arrow

Good morning! Here's where I exclaim about it being July already and how I can't believe it-- but seriously, it's JULY already? I can't believe it! ;) Okay, now that's done-- here are three layouts I've made using one of Kaisercraft's ranges for this month: Bow and Arrow. This collection features chevron patterns, geometrics, feathers and a gorgeous soft colour palette. Lots of fun to work with!

 

The first layout  features some of those aforementioned chevron patterns used on a sheet of white cardstock as the main background for the page, along with some of the Spirit paper. I used a black and white shot of my husband and daughter, and around it, I've layered a selection of the Collectables, some feathers cut from the Sunrise sheet, some flowers, a veneer frame, some bling, and a few other assorted bits and pieces from my collection of goodies. I think that adding layers of embellishments is probably my favourite part of putting a layout together-- it's a great way to use up odds and ends from your stash (and let's face it, we all have plenty of those, yes?) and the end result is always a lot of fun. :) As long as there's a general colour-scheme thread to all the pieces you use, you can often put together all kinds of different elements in surprising new ways.

A closer shot is below:


The next layout is also on white cardstock, and is in the style I mentioned as a favourite last month: a 3x3 grid pattern.


Again I've used a black and white photo-- just a single one, of my husband enjoying a huge cappucino at Starbucks in Dunedin. (I swear the cup was big enough to bathe in!) The rest of the grid is made up of squares punched from a variety of patterned papers from the range. The designs may be vastly different, but the shared colourscheme throughout pulls them all together. A handful of embellishments added to a few of the squares for a bit of contrast, and the layout is done. Quick and effective!

A couple of close-ups below...




The third and last layout is on kraft cardstock, and features one of my favourite patterns from the range-- the Forest paper. I love the woodgrain style of it-- very cute. I've paired it with a strip torn from the pink sheet featuring lots of tiny words and phrases (the name of which escapes me right now-- my apologies!) and on top, a shot of me and my hubby pulling faces. (What we do best, judging by how many shots I seem to have of us doing just that. Ahem.)


I've used a chalkboard-style text pocket page card on the left of the photo to balance it out, and again, layered a selection of embellishments around the photo, as well as adding a few horizontal strips of patterned paper and washi tape along the bottom to finish it all off. Oh, and I can't forget the cute veneer of the couple holding hands-- I thought it fitted in perfectly in this case. You can't see it, but they're totally pulling faces. ;)


And that's it! Three layouts made using the lovely, versatile Bow and Arrow range. It's available here, and if you purchase the whole collection, it's 15% off. :)

Thanks so much for looking, and I'll see you again later in the month with some creations made using the Be-YOU-tiful release.

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment