Monday, January 12, 2015

"XO" Double Layout

  Hi there, Christine S. here with you again for some "XO" inspiration. It's a collection with fresh & lovely line of papers filled with hearts, pretty flowers & prints…perfect for all your Valentine’s creations & more.  The colors are lovely as it’s not all reds, pinks & whites.  It’s also balanced with light blue & black.  Today I’m sharing a double layout with you.  It’s not a Valentine’s layout, & it fits perfectly for the little ones in your life:

 
  I used the Kaisercraft corrugated cardboard for my base.  I painted them with black gesso, but you can use any type of black paint (acrylic/chalkboard) or black mists/sprays.  Once the paint has dried, I then used my Pearl Mist & Damask template to create my background.  The aim is to create a subtle shadow, & it really gave it a nice effect.
 
 
   I then started layering the XO papers, collectables & stickers, doilies, photos, flowers & flourishes


 

 
   I'm really pleased how this turned out.  Artfull Crafts sells the full XO collection for 20% off, & the full paper collection for 10% off.  Thanks for stopping by & enjoy your week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment