Monday, February 29, 2016

Meet Vonni Lane! A new Design Team Member...

Hi! I'm Vonni. I'm originally from Wollongong, Australia. I met my Kiwi partner in Sydney, 2001
and a year later we came to New Zealand for a holiday. 14 years later, we're still here!! We have 2 boys, Master 8 & Master 10.

How were you introduced to papercrafting?
I've always been a cut and paste girl. I spent my childhood cutting random things from magazines and pasting them into those old style newsprint scrapbooks. I became a traditional scrapbooker when I had my first son.

What type of papercrafts do you enjoy?
I am first and foremost a scrapbooker. I love scrapbooking our day to day lives. I have a clean & simple style and like to make my photos the star of the page. I enjoy traditional 12x12 layouts but these days I mostly use pocket pages. Such a fantastic way to catch up when you're years behind on your albums. Last year, I purchased a Silhouette Cameo and have started making my own cards and 3D projects. I love my Cameo and can't remember how I got by without it. I'm a huge fan of Lori Whitlock and like to use her cut files to create fun 3D projects, like the camera mini album below.




Where do you get your inspirations from?
I get loads of inspiration from craft blogs and Pinterest. I have good intentions of just popping over to Pinterest for a quick look and before you know it an hour or 2 has passed (I am sure most of you can relate). My Pinterest boards are overloaded with inspiration.

What are your favourite craft brands and why? 
I love working with brands like Kaisercraft, Echo Park and Simple Stories. I like having everything I could possibly need for a project in one collection pack. Gorgeous papers with co-ordinating elements and embellishments. I also love We R Memory Keepers punches, boards and tools.




What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
My Silhouette Cameo sits right on my desk. I have a huge stash of cardstock in all colours. I can't go without my tape runner, a glue pen, black & brown ink and my paper trimmer.

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
My crafty goals for 2016 are to do more off the page projects. Cards, shadow boxes, wooden projects. I will also like to try a mist spray on atleast one project. I love the look but have never been brave enough to try. I would also like to improve my pocket pages by adding more to the layouts. Extra sleeves, keepsakes, shaker pockets.

I am really excited to be a part of the Artfull Crafts Design Team for 2016 and I look forward to sharing more fun projects with you all soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment