Thursday, September 17, 2015

Lisa - Home For Christmas layouts & canvas

Good morning! It's Lisa here, with a couple of layouts and a canvas to share, all made using the Home For Christmas range from Kaisercraft. It seems strange to be thinking of Christmas already, but I guess it's creeping ever-closer and will be here before we know it. This year really has whizzed by at the speed of light!

This collection is a little different from the usual traditional Christmas fare: lighter colours and more folk-art based designs. It almost has a kind of Scandi-vibe to it, and I really like the uniqueness of it. :) There is still the expected red & green colourways, but they're paired with black, white and blonde wood elements. Very cool!

My first layout is based around the Mistletoe paper- I hand-tore a couple of strips and layered them onto white cardstock, rolling the torn edges to add a little dimension. Behind them is a piece of the Sugar Plum paper (the woodgrain side.) My photo is attached on top of that on an angle. (Not a super-Christmassy photo, I know-- I don't seem to take many pictures on the actual day, oddly enough. Maybe that can be this year's aim, huh?)



On the left, I added two poinsettia die cuts, which are actually from an older Kaisercraft range, but matched the poinsettia sticker from the sticker sheet perfectly. I raised one of the die cuts with some dimensional foam, and added a few paper leaves in and around it as well. The little bird die cut is also from an older Kaisercraft Christmas range as well, but seemed to fit in perfectly. :)

To finish off, I added some bling, some red sequins, and some touches of sparkle in the form of Crystalina Kindy Glitz in various areas. A couple of close up shots are below:


My  second layout is non-Christmas themed, and shows how versatile this range is. I started with a base of kraft cardstock, and layered pieces of the Sugarplum (both sides) and Eggnog papers on top, hand-tearing a couple of them to get a layered look. I added some indian ink splatters, and once they were dry, I fussy-cut my photograph (my husband, enjoying a coffee at a local cafe) and slipped it in between a couple of the layers. 



I added a variety of embellishments (some Collectables, some gold washi, a kraft tag, a copper brad, some wood veneer pieces and a couple of vellum transparencies) and also fussy-cut a couple of the trees from the Decoration sheet. I'm pretty sure that sheet is my absolute favourite in the range-- the trees are so cute!



My last project is a square canvas made using one of the panels from the Warm Wishes sheet. It was so quick and easy-- I simply cut out my selected panel (the circle design, to contrast with the square canvas) and adhered it using mod podge. Once that had dried, I layered a couple of the Collectables (the burlap-patterned bird and the "holiday cheer" sentiment), using some foam tape to add some dimension.


I then added a paper leaf and a red gingham bow, along with some green and bronze bling. I used dimensional magic to highlight the little sprays of red berries on the inner circle, and finally, added some Ice Crystal Glamour Dust to the outside white circle. A detail shot is below:



And that's it for today! I hope you've enjoyed these projects, and maybe found some inspiration to start getting ready for the festive season-- if so, you can find the lovely Home for Christmas range here. Thanks so much for looking, and I will see you again soon!

Cheers,

Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment