Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Teresa - Back to School magnetic pegs

It is a well known fact that the number of notes coming home from school grows exponentially according to the number of kids live in that house. My kitchen is a schamozzle - I need a way to organise all of these notes!

A friend of mine bought me a set of handmade decorated wooden clothing pegs. They have a strip of paper on one side, and a magnet on the other. Bingo! Organisational problem solved.

I used KaiserCraft's Class Act range of papers to whip this set up in no time!


 Here's how I did it:

These are the materials you'll need:


Gel medium to use as glue, wooden pegs, 9mm strips of paper (our pegs were 9mm wide), paintbrush to apply gel medium, and some scrap magnet (advertising magnet - eg old calendars from real estate agents).

It's quite simple from here - brush a thin layer of gel medium onto the peg, and put paper over it. Cut magnet to 9mm width and use gel medium to apply it to the back of the peg.

It's really that simple!

I chose to embellish my pegs:

 
with pieces from the Collectibles pack, the embossed Awards sheet of paper and the Class Act sticker sheet. I made the rosettes with the Tim Holtz Sizzix mini rosette die.
 
These pegs are now sitting on my fridge, ready to receive the next important note from school.
 
Hope you've found this useful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment