Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Lisa - Limelight layouts

Hello again! It's Lisa here, and I can hardly believe that we are in March already. Where has our summer gone? There's a definite autumn crispness to the air lately, especially in the mornings-- which is why I tend to stay in my nice warm bed for as long as I can before I absolutely have to get up and face the day. Usually I have a cat and dog curled up next to me, which makes for the perfect excuse to stay in there longer-- I couldn't possibly disturb them while they're snoozing so peacefully, could I? Ahem.  ;)

Anyway-- March brings other things, too: like new Kaiser goodies to play with! Today I'm sharing a couple of layouts I've made using the gorgeous Limelight range. If you're like me and green is your favourite colour, you will most definitely love it. :) Those of you who came along to the Kaisercraft evening at the store a few weeks back will have probably already seen this first layout, but the second one should be brand-new. :)


I haven't used a huge amount of patterned paper in this first layout: just pops of colour and pattern here and there, as well as circles cut from some of the papers, which I've used to soften and break up all the hard angles of the photos. The bright greens look fresh and clean against the black background and the monochromatic photos, and a few of the Collectables add a bit of interest in other areas. Spot my beloved washi tape-- of course I had to use a bit of that, too! :)


The finishing touch was a sparkly heart in the centre of the clock face, just to add a little bling. :) As someone who never used to use sparklets or bling dots at all, I have to say I've become pretty addicted to them. It's amazing how a little touch of sparkle can finish off a card or layout perfectly. Kaisercraft have a huge range of colours & sizes, and you can find them here and here.

The second layout also uses black cardstock as a base and features the photos arranged in a grid pattern, albeit a more uniform one this time. 





I've used a cluster of Collectables in the top right corner, and balanced them with a single Collectable on the bottom left. Love that bird! A couple more strips of washi tape to tie it all together, and it's done. :)

Limelight is such a versatile range, and is probably one of my very favourites I've worked with. It's due into the shop by the end of the week, so make sure you pop in and have a look, or check out the webstore. As always, thanks so much for looking, and enjoy creating your own goodies!

Cheers,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. I adore these pages you have done....inspired to go dark :-)

    ReplyDelete