Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Lisa - Kaleidoscope range projects

Hello again! Lisa here, with some bits & pieces I've made using the gorgeous new design from Kaisercraft: Kaleidoscope. Such fabulous colours & patterns, I'm sure there's bound to be something for everyone amongst the extensive range.

The first thing I've made is a canvas, using a selection of the 6x6 papers, which I've torn freehand & layered onto the canvas itself. Many of the papers in the range have layered looks to them, plus stencil & stamped effects as well as hints of typography, so they are perfect if you're after a collage effect.



On top of the torn papers, I added a circular Instagram shot & then added a selection of some of the Collectables around it, finishing it all off with a row of red bling dots to add a little sparkle. Other finishing touches include red paint (along the sides of the canvas & around the edges)  & charcoal pencil (around the collage elements & the photograph.) I sealed the finished product with gel medium, applied using a pallette knife to give a bit of texture & dimension.

The second thing I've made is also a canvas, but a teeny-tiny one: it's about the size of a matchbox. :) I used paper scraps from the bigger projects to punch out some little hearts, inked their edges & stuck them onto the canvas, which I'd painted silver. Very easy, very cute, & it would make a lovely gift to slip in with a card, I think. Or you could pop a magnet on the back & use it to stuck important things to the fridge, perhaps! :)



Project number three using this range: a little mini-album. (And I do mean little. I've included my fingers in the shot so you can see how tiny it actually is.)



Again, this was made mostly using scraps left over from the bigger projects, along with a few Collectables & some of the speciality papers from the 6x6 pad - the precut perforated pieces. (I have no idea what their proper name is! Hopefully you know what I mean, haha.)  Another simple, quick project/gift idea-- ideal for using up bits & pieces, as well as smaller photos, of which I have a lot. I like to get them printed in different sizes in order to be able to use them in all kinds of ways, & not just in a traditional layout.

Below are a few shots of some of the pages inside:





Lastly, I made a card. Again, quick & simple, but with these papers it's hard to go wrong. :) I used the handtorn method again, layered the papers onto the front of the card & paired them with one of the lovely butterfly Collectables, a phrase cut from one of the sheets, & some bling-- then called it done.


Whew-- cookie for you if you've reached it to the end of this picture-heavy post! I hope it gives you some idea of how versatile the Kaleidoscope range is, & how easy it is to create something that looks pretty wonderful. :) If you're inspired to try your own creating, then pop into the store or check out the goodies online. (If you pre-order the range now, it's 20% off-- such a great deal!)

Have a lovely day, & as always, thanks so much for looking. :)

Cheers,
Lisa

1 comment: