Thursday, October 16, 2014

Lisa - Teddy Bear's Picnic layout & card

Hello! It's Lisa here, with a layout and card to share. Both were made using Kaisercraft's cute Teddy Bear's Picnic range, one of their September releases. (Yes, I'm a little late with this one. Blame it on springtime madness, or something.)

Now, here's where I admit that the "cutesy" style of crafting isn't really my thing, but that being said, this range was surprisingly fun to work with. I think it's good to be challenged every once in a while, and to try something that's not in my usual creative comfort zone.I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the results. :)

I used a base of kraft cardstock, and chose a sheet of the floral "Cuddles" paper as the background. The black & white vintage photograph I've used is one I found on the internet and downloaded-- three little girls (sisters, I suspect), all dressed up in their Sunday best dresses and hats. I thought it fitted perfectly with the sweet, slightly retro theme of this range. 

Around the photo, I've layered a selection of Collectables, buttons, some gorgeous flowers, a few wooden veneers and a strip of lovely lace ribbon along the bottom.

A couple of closer shots are below:



I also made a simple card, using  a cute image cut from the Bear Love paper, which I mounted on a sheet of embossed cardstock. A couple of Pearl Brads and a little wooden veneer heart underneath, and it's all done. :)


Thanks so much for looking, and I will see you again later in the month! :)

Cheers,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment