Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beyond LOVE ~ Shirl

Hi Everyone, I've got a couple of projects to share with you today!
The first one is the new BTP Kaisercraft Photo Display using the KC "After Five" Papers
These displays are very effective and they are very simple to do once I figured out the best way to to it!!
Firstly just paint the frame and the backing piece in the color of your choice, I just used plain black then when it was dry I sprayed it with glimmermist (it was a blacky silver color..sorry can't remember the name of it).


  I found it was easier to cut all your piece then make sure they all fit in the holes where u want them...then embellish them to your hearts content!! THEN....glue the frame part to the back (I clamped mine to the desk) and when completely dry, then attach all your photo's & paper in, decorate the outer frame if u like.

                                                                        

The mini roses work beautifully on this as they are small enough be be in scale with the size of some of the holes in the display!
The other thing that is great is I only used one sheet of paper, all the new Kasiercraft paper ranges comes with a sheet of "blocked paper" so easy to cut them down but you may need to trim, them slightly to fit in the holes.
I've made this as a gift for some friends....I think they'll love it!

My next project is a bit outside the "Beyond Love" theme..... its a Layout of Keith Urban's new CD "Get Closer" which I absolutely "LOVE"....I'm a big fan and going to his concert here in Melb in April (can't wait)




I just used some plain cardstocks and a few scraps of Kasiercraft 'Shaken Not Stirred" I cut out the guitar on my cricut machine with I thought was pretty dang COOL!

I grunged it up a bit with ink..a few sprays of Glimmermist a bit of bling in clusters...then I made some "checker plate tin" I just covered a piece of cardstock with normal kitchen foil and ran it through my cuttlebug and swiped it with a black ink pad....I 'LOVE' it!!

I had a bit of a panic attack last night as we had 2 major storms we had water coming in the house everywhere, then I thought OMGosh!!! my scraproom I ran out into the rain (like a crazy woman!!!) to get to my room and thank goodness all was dry!
Might have a chance to get out into my scraproom a bit more from now on as next week as my little girl starts school on Monday..were both pretty excited about that!!
Have a good week everyone! Shirl :)

2 comments:

  1. That frame is awesome Shirl. Black and white is not always the easiest to work with but you have done an amazing job of selecting papers..

    PS - LOVE the Keith layout too - some really clever stuff - especially the guitar. It doesn't even matter that I don't know who he is!!
    Just kidding - isn't he Mr Kidman??
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the visual of you running out to the scrap room!! Beaut projects too... :-) Liz

    ReplyDelete