Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm back! Alive and Well...

You must be wondering where I had gone to? Well, not much further that the couch. I'm still recovering from this operation... It was 2 weeks yesterday and I'm still taking it easy...

It would be nice to say that I have been busy crafting during my recovery - but it's not that easy when you need to get into drawers and open cupboards (stuffed full with scrapping goodies...). However, I have managed to create a couple of little items..

It was birthday week around here - at home and at Artfull Crafts! Me, my mum, Clarissa (Design Team) and Vicki!

Here is one of the cards I made with the Musical Greeting Card kit... It plays Happy Birthday when you open it!



I've used a Stampin' Up roller, Hambly Jounaling Bits Transparency, Prima Flowers, antique lace and Christina Rea metallic paper.


These Musical Greeting card kits are such great value at only $9 for 3 cards including the musical mecahnism. Yes, I stock them but they sold out on Friday - more coming next week! They are really easy to put together too. Stick the mechanism down, use some mounting foam and then decorate!


Finish off by stamping the inside with a roller from Stampin' Up! People hate to throw these cards out!!

Sue (from Timaru) also kindly brought me her beautiful cards to look at and photograph. She has used the new Spellbinders Renaissance Hearts Pendants and Borders.





Mmm I must go and have a play with my Spellbinders. They arrived while I was in hospital and to be honest I haven't touched them! I can't actually lift the Cuttlebug Machine either... Boy life is tough!!

Happy crafting... I feel sure that the next post will have interesting information about my new Design team...

3 comments:

  1. Hope you can get back into the flow of things soon and feeling alot better, but also enjoy taking it easy while you can, make the most of a good thing. Great cards, looking forward to hearing more about your design team soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear no scrapping bummer but glad to see you got some little bits done love the cards very well done ladies....hope your up and about soon, looking forward to hearing bout this design team to for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, *I* know you're alive coz I've seen you! LOL. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete