Thursday, October 21, 2010

Simple Christmas Cards - Joanne

Hi everyone! Its my turn to show some Christmas Cards today.

I was sent some gorgeous papers from Echo Park - the Merry Christmas range (available here). I have been waiting for these papers ever since I saw the sneak peek on the Echo Park Facebook page :)

For both of the cards I made I only used two 2inch x 12inch pieces of double sided patterned paper. So if you needed to make a lot of cards it would be a very economical way of doing so.

Please click on the images to see them larger and better quality. I'm not sure why they are coming up slightly blurry when small.

 
This first card is very simple to do. I have used a Christmas Cuttlebug embossing folder on the white card, and then I ran the card through the Cuttlebug without the folder to 'squash' the pattern a little so it was more of a subtle pattern. I picked four squares of patterned paper, inked the edges and adhered them to the card. I drew some faux stitching and chose the Kaisercraft Embellishment for the center. Then I simply added the bling and the sentiment. 

Here's a little closeup...


Here's the second card:


Another very simple card. I used another Cuttlebug Embossing Folder for the background and 'squashed' it like the first card. The scallops are circles I punched from white cardstock.

Supplies used:
Echo Park Paper one and two
Kaisercraft Bling

I hope I have inspired you to create some lovely handmade Christmas cards of your own! If you do make some I would love to see them!
Joanne.

3 comments:

  1. Great ideas Joanne - I LOVE that first one. It's so elegant and clean looking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Joanne! Beaut cards. Well done with the post and the links too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these, I had been contemplating that echo park christmas range and never got round to getting any, regretting it now awesome cards :)

    ReplyDelete