Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lindsey - Teresa Collins Layout

Did you see the Teresa Collins' "Spring Fling" collection in the shop. As soon as I spotted it, I wanted it. The weird thing is that, despite everybody else seemingly making Spring layouts with it, I decided to do an Autumn layout.


My mother used to call me "Contrary Mary" occasionally. However, you can perfectly understand that the colours of the papers matched the photos so what's a girl to do. Happily this week I also received two new Martha Stewart border punches "Garden Rail" and "Scallop Dot" and I couldn't wait to use those either. I thought the butterflies in this collection were quite lovely and they look so cute perched on the doily. This layout was so easy and quick to piece together and was based on this Julie Bonner sketch. I did start with four photos but no matter how I jiggled things around, they just didn't fit together nicely so one had to be dispensed with.


Every Autumn I take the girls to the local park to do a photoshoot. These were taken two years ago but I absolutely love them. It was late afternoon, they were chilly and their noses were beginning to get a bit pink. They were keen to get home but I found a little wooden bridge which I knew would make a good background to the photos and I casually mentioned hot chocolate with marshmallows if they would just stop and pose for me one more time.  If they didn't pose for me, I would have had to toss them into the little river which ran under the little bridge. Threats and bribery! Usually works. Anyway, hope you like the layout and thanks for stopping by.

Lindsey
x


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an amazing post :)
    I really love it!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete