Friday, April 3, 2015

Antique Bazaar

Hi Everyone.

Hope you are all enjoying an Easter break, and putting aside some time for crafting.

Today I am sharing with you the new collection Antique Bazaar from Kaisercraft.
I love the heritage feel this collection has, even though I have not used any photographs which fit this brief!!!

This first page, I have used a stencil in the background to make stars  to match the theme of the layout ( stargazing though Grandad's antique telescope) I have used some pearl dots in the centre for a little added bling. The papers have then been criss- crossed to make a photo mat anchor point, and a couple of chipboard dangles from my stash finish the page.
 The second page, I have used a background which i have created using lace and gold spray paint .....the can type! ( do use this out in a well ventilated spot, as its a little stinky !!)
I had some old lace which I laid over the black cardstock, and using a sweeping motion while spaying to get a soft golden sheen. The gold paint dries super quickly.

I then cut a heart cut out of the brown card using decorative scissors, which I then distressed a little more, using the edge of my scissors.
Final step was to cut come extra hearts from the patterned paper, and a photo mat, and layer up the pieces, stitching them down with the sewing machine, and around the edge of the page as well.
( I do the stitching before adding the embellies etc as they are too bulky....I have been known to do it the other way.....but its no fun....believe me!!)

The cluster is just a few flowers, wood veneer and metal embellishments. ( I am still waiting to get the photo from a family member for this layout, hence the blank space )

 The third and final!
WELL !!! This was a DISASTER page I can tell you!!
I started out with the intention of creating a completely different page. However. It was one of those pages where the things went awry.
Instead of creating a beautiful background, I had a spill which in turn created a mess which in turn created a rip, never to make it out of the rubbish bin I thought ....
THEN I spied these circular chippies in my drawer and managed to salvage the layout. Certainly not my favourite by any means, but it has got the story told, and the pictures displayed.


Ah well.....as they say in France

 C'est la vie!!!!

Have a very happy Easter, and to my daughter.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET PEA!!!! 

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment