Friday, May 29, 2015

Toilet Roll Album using the Scrapyard Collection By Kaisercraft Created by Bev

Hi everyone Bev here - I have not shared for awhile! Today I am showcasing an album I created using the Scrapyard Collection by Kaisercraft and fitting with the theme of the month the base of the album is toilet rolls!

First you need to collect your toilet rolls which did not take me long in our house of five! I then flattened them as much as I could with a scorer tool. Another idea would be to flatten them under a heavy object for a few days. I then covered both flattened sides with cardstock and Scrapyard patterned paper. Then I added my embellishments.  These include Tim Holtz idea-ology items, charms, doily, twine and more. The Inkling I used was the Steam punk one that is so cool. I coloured it with a water brush dipped in ink.

I created the tags that fitted into the flattened rolls with matching cardstock and Scrapyard patterned paper. I then inked the edges with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress ink. The album is held together with a binding ring decorated with ribbon.

Here is the cover:



Here are the decorated pages:


I really enjoyed this album and love this collection by Kaisercraft.  Thanks for looking!
Have a great weekend!


5 comments:

  1. this is such an amazing little album! Just love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Bev - makes a fab album!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Bev. It just looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  4. makes mine look very amateurish just lovely
    Lorraine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your album Bev. To flatten the toilet paper rolls, I put them through my big shot, works well.

    ReplyDelete