Thursday, July 21, 2016

Lisa - Always and Forever

Hi again. :) Today I'm sharing a couple of layouts made using the Always & Forever range by Kaisercraft, which is available instore and online now.

The first layout has a piece of kraft cardstock as a base, upon which I have stencilled a design using a combination of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays (which I admit I have quite an addiction to!) I fussy-cut around the photo, placing it in the centre, and surrounding it with a selection of Collectables, as well as a few of the gorgeous roses I hand-cut from the Eternal sheet of paper.


A patterned strip cut from the selvedge edge of one of the 12x12 sheets is placed underneath the cluster of embellishments, and I added a strip of copper washi tape along with a metallic doily shape and a veneer word, "family." The word quote Collectable on the right was added last, to finish everything off.

A couple of closer detail shots are below:



My second layout also features stencilling in the background, but this time it's done using 3D gloss gel which was left over on the stencil from another project. Instead of wiping it off and wasting it, I placed the stencil on the paper to transfer the leftover gel, and then once it was dry, sprayed over it with a Lindy's Stamp Gang spray for a subtle resist effect.


I hand-tore a strip from the Commitment paper to use for the border on the left, and then added my photo to the right, layering some more of the Commitment paper underneath, along with a piece of muslin to add a little texture and dimension.

I added some Collectables, and touches of bling here and there, as well as a spatter of white Tim Holtz ink to finish things off. At first glance, Always & Forever looks to be quite a feminine range, so I wanted to challenge myself to make a more masculine-themed layout using it, and I think I was successful. :)

You can find the range online here, as well as instore now.

See you again soon!

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment