Monday, July 18, 2016

Mixing Bon Appetit and Mademoiselle - Megan

Hi Everyone :)

Bet you're wondering about mixing those two collections together lol ;)  Shouldn't tease but when I received a piece of Bon Appetit in my Mademoiselle kit I was stubborn enough to think Im going to make that work!


The background was creating by adhering BoBunny Soiree Decoupage paper to cardstock.  Theres two sheets in a pack but this one matched where my brain was heading :)  I adhered it straight on using a multi matt medium, with a few wrinkles ;) but you weren't going to see them and they just add texture to the background!
The edges were inked with pinecone ink and bit of random stamping using black archival ink.


Ive cut a doily in half and adhered that to half of my plate piece of paper from Bon Appetit.  I painted both of these with the new Tim Holtz Collage Distress Medium - this stuff is the bomb!!  My plate and doily were both white and too stark so this gave me a much more subtle blended look with the rest of the page.


I used the large floral sticker from the collection down the middle of my layout and popped this up with chipboard underneath.  Before sticking it down, I marked where it would go and randomly stamped with black archival ink again, and then splattered gesso over that.

My photo is tucked into the side of the layout and a cluster attached to the side.  And thats pretty much it :)

Thanks for popping by :)




1 comment:

  1. Just so pretty Megan. Will have to check out the TH medium you mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete