Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tips and Tutorials from Tina

The photo in this layout is of my mum and her sisters,  taken in the 1940's.  I decided to play with stamps and ink, taking a sheet of white paper and transforming it with lots of stamping and distressing techniques, until I ended up with the brown/black design.  I pleated and stitched one section, threading beads onto the embroidery floss.  I used a mask on the green paper to add extra detail.  Liz now has this layout at the shop if you are interested in a closer look.


A tutorial for you.....
 And my card made using the flower...

 This is actually an easel card, but I forgot to take a photo before I gave it to Liz!  Must have been having a blonde day.

Another tutorial, this time for simple rolled flowers.

 A layout of my bestie and I on her wedding day.  I used impasto scraped over Glimmer Screens (stencils) to create the lovely texture.  This is a fantastic product which I love using.  I then rubbed on some Perfect Pearls once touch dry and spritzed with Glimmer Mist


 I created a frame from acetate and used Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and Metal Mixatives to colour it.  The lace was coloured with Glimmer Mist.  It's so pretty and shimmery in real life.




A layout of my daughter and her friend....

 The chipboard has been inked and embossed.
 Another family layout.  This time using Kaisercraft English Rose collection.


Happy scrapping,
Tina

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful,beautiful layouts. I love the vintage feel and all the detail you have included. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, everything is fabulous including the tutorial. Rockin' pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all lovely Tina. You do amazing work. Would love to be able to do scrap pages as all you girls do. Anyway better not be covetous. Glad you had a great time with Liz - sounds as though was all good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many fun things going on around your web site. Really enjoyed the Creative Block and looking forward to doing it again next year.

    ReplyDelete