Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tina's Christmas ornament

Sorry my post is a bit late. Have had an extremely hectic past two weeks. My daughter's dance concert was on Saturday (Two 3 hour shows, and they danced in 46 dances between the two of them). I spent the week before sewing costumes for 10 dancers and had to pull a few all-nighters to get them done. Up early Saturday to do their hair and makeup, and get them to the Entertainment Centre by 9am. Then busy selling raffle tickets, & helping backstage for the first show. Phew....still exhausted thinking about it! I got to relax and watch the evening show, which was fantastic.

Haven't had a chance to do any scrapping til tonight, so here's what I came up with. I'd seen something similar on the net ages ago, by 'Liz(perspicacious.org)' on Flickr. Mine is a little different using only five 'petals', and adding the flowers to the centre.

I made this using Graphic 45 Christmas Past paper, Spellbinders and Marianne Designs dies, plus a little bit of ribbon/cord, gold Stickles, and Kaisercraft pearls.

I cut five labels, and then used the four smaller dies as a guide to cut four < > shaped cuts. Hopefully this shows up on the photo. ( Make sure you don't cut through the centre.)

I curved the first < > shapes around a pencil and then glued them to each other, overlaping the point.


Bend the centre of each petal to glue it to the next. I used the Marianne Designs Poinsettia die to cut some flowers, I adhered these to the centre, and added some Stickles and a pearl. I hope the pictures make this easy to understand



4 comments:

  1. Tina - that is AWESOME. Great photos and explanation too. Love the choice of paper as well. I wish my ornaments looked that classy LOL Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Totally lost for words here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo! Neat idea. I love the use of the labels die. Sounds like you've had a hectic one!! I was going to do Betsy's blog today - but I'll leave hers til Sunday. That way you can all enjoy this one for longer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!! that is amazing...yep I'm with Joanne...totally lost for words...

    ReplyDelete