Thursday, February 10, 2011

Joanne - Love Projects

Happy Thursday everyone! Joanne here with a couple of projects I've made with some Love themed products from the Artfull Crafts shop!

First up is a layout I have made of my daughter in her woolens handknitted by her Great-Grandmother.

Products used:
Making Memories Vintage Pearl Paper  (Top and bottom butterflys)
And a closeup....
I love love love the red Making Memories Glitter paper! It would be perfect for making your own embellishments with. Ive kept every scrap of the sheet I have and am planning on using it for little butterflys on cards.

My second project for today was a Kaisercraft Wooden Photo Display.

As Shirl mentioned in an earlier post (found here) Kaisercraft have been coming out with these neat sheets of blocked paper that are made for these frames. All of the paper I have used is from this one sheet of paper from the Love Notes Collection.

I made this for my daughter and she loves looking at it and trying to drag it around with her. One thing I do want to mention is when painting these white they do need lots and lots of coats if you using normal craft paint. When I asked some of the Design Team for some suggestions of how to paint it they mentioned these tips:
  • Use a foam roller.
  • Spray paint.
  • Do a coat of sealer paint or gesso first before you start the paint.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a great day! Enjoy the sunshine!

3 comments:

  1. WOW - Joanne - these are amazing! That frame turned out beautifully and the butterflies are just wonderful on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh nice work. Those display frames are my fav at the moment. I've got a Love one to show too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout Joanne, simple yet so effective, just gorgeous!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete