Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DT Intro - Teresa Abajo


Today we welcome TERESA ABAJO!!!

Keep reading right to the end to find out how to win a NEW RELEASE 6.5" x 6.5" Kaisercraft Paper Pad from the Turtle Dove range. Everyday there will be another prize to win... so don't miss a day!

Hello from sunny (?!?) Melbourne! My name is Teresa and I'm thrilled to be joining the Artfull Craft Design Team. I fell in love with the shop when I visited in March to teach a couple of Copics classes. I'm delighted to have this opportunity to develop the friendships with all of the wonderful people I met, and make a whole bunch of new friendships.


Here's a little Q&A so you can get to know me a little better:

How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
I was originally a cardmaker, and using lots of scrapbooking products, just not on layouts. My first layout was for a design team commitment, and I continue to produce layouts as wall art more than for albums.

What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards?
If I'm making something for someone in particular, I like to reminisce about them while I make it. Could be why I'm often smiling while I work ;) It's usually the patterned paper I've chosen that leads the way with a project. My heart beats a little faster when I find an embellishment that matches perfectly.

What other project types do you like to work on?
Cards cards cards! I have boxes on the floor of my studio overflowing with cards. I love to make books and other off the page things in my spare time too.


What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?
There is no possible way for me to choose one! That's like trying to pick a favourite child!

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
This is going to be a long list! Let me save time by listing the things I use more than most of my arty friends: distressing tool, brown ink, Spellbinder dies, 6x6 paper pads, foam mounting squares, arty stamps.

What is your current favorite technique or embellishment?
I still love distressing and ageing things. I really can't see a time when I'll tire of them either. One embellishment I use heaps of is buttons - I'm certainly not a koumpounophobe! (I'll give you a second to google that LOL).

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
Time management. I MUST spend less time on the computer, and more time in my studio. And who wouldn't like more time with friends and family?

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
If you see an idea you love, don't be afraid to try it. If you're having trouble with something, just ask - we're a kind, sharing lot and there's not too many secrets among us. Don't be afraid of failure - we learn so much more through trying and failing than we do getting it right the first time.

Here's a little collage of some of my projects you can find in my gallery:


I look forward to sharing my ideas with you over the next 12 months or so.





Liz's Note and Prizes to win!
We really enjoyed looking through the variety of cards and projects on Teresa's Blog. Why not start following her?

Now head to Teresa's Gallery and leave a comment on a project which you'd love to give your best friend. Since Teresa couldn't pick a favourite brand, we thought we'd pick ours! So we're going to give away this NEW RELEASE 6.5" x 6.5" Kaisercraft Turtle Dove pad pack to one lucky commenter. You have until midnight Friday Sept 6th to make your comment.


2 comments:

  1. And let me tell you, we all fell in love with Teresa!! So thrilled you have joined us and looking forward to 2012 and all you have for us. Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your cards. I know they will beautiful. I must say I have two boxes of cards waiting to be given away. Lol so I understand. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete