Friday, August 10, 2012

Sandy - Bazzill Wayfarer Layout


I'm so thrilled that Liz brought in one of my favourite travel collections from Bazzill : Janet Hopkin's Wayfarer.


Many elements in this collection complemented this photo (taken by my cousin) of a quiet canal in Venice. The rich, jewel tones echo in the burnish walls of the palazzos while the lattice pattern reminded me of the wrought iron work in their windows.


Here I built a border of layered chevrons, highlighted with crystal rhinestones and diamonds. It seemed like an extension of the shimmery, watery depths in the photo. Even the pennants were appropriate as I remember huge ones handing from the balconies of the Doges Palace, advertising for an Italian jeweller.


This was a rare instance where I did no pre-planning. Just took scissors to paper and ended up with a project that's pretty special to me. This layout is going on an easel in the craft room as an example of how spontaneity can be a wonderful thing.

Supplies : Bazzill Wayfarer (Knockabout, Drifter, Nomad, Wanderlust, Gadabout, Sightseer, Excursionist), Bella Bling (Borderlines, Small Borderlines), Echo Park This & That Sticker, Basic Grey Mini Mono Stickers, Versa Color Charcoal

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING Sandy - I first saw this awhile back and it blew me away! So much detail and the colors are amazing!
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous Sandy - love those Chevrons!

    ReplyDelete