Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sandy - Bazzill Wayfarer Layout & Card


Sandy back with more Wayfarer projects for you. This 8.5"x12 layout features a photo taken of an empty cafe in Hong Kong. I used the chevrons from Wayfarer's Rover paper as the main design element, interweaving them to make a strong border on the left.   


The photo takes up the top half of my page. It's balanced by journalling and a clustered embellishment, made up of fussy-cut envelop and ticket pieces, at the bottom. In the close-ups, you can see the texture in the papers which mimic the effect of actual ephemera so well.



I was thrilled that Bazzil featured my layout on their blog.  So I pulled out the last of my Wayfarer scraps and created this card as a thank you to Lisa of Bazzill for the opportunity to share my work.


 

Hope you enjoyed Liz's sneak peaks of the design team applications as much as I did. Stay tuned as she'll be announcing the new team soon, along with chances to win some prizes for welcoming our new designers on board.



Layout Supplies : Bazzill Wayfarer (Gadabout, Rover, Knockabout, Wanderlust, Traveler) Making Memories Passport Metal Clip, Basic Grey Mini Mono Stickers, Versa Color (Black, Brown, Bamboo), staple, paper clip

Card Supplies : Bazzill Wayfarer (Drifter, Gadabout, Traveler), MME (Follow Your Heart Be the Best, Miss Caroline Like Twine), Crate Paper Paper Heart Romance, Sassafras Exclusive Woodgrain Paper for Studio Calico, American Crafts (Chaps Tag, Surf Cardstock),  paper clip

1 comment: