Wednesday, August 22, 2012

DT Intro - Vicki Morris

Today we welcome VICKI MORRIS!!!

Keep reading right to the end to find out how to win a Kaisercraft Bubblegum Hills paper pad. Everyday there will be another prize to win... so don't miss a day!



Hi, my name is Vicki Morris and I am waving madly to you all from Auckland.

I am married to Jase and have 3 gorgeous children Natasja (12), Mikayla (9) and Jadeyn (6) along with 2 mischievous kittens named Sophie and Rafa.

I am excited to be part of the Artfull Crafts Design Team this year and give huge thanks to Liz and her team for giving me this opportunity.

I have recently finished 2 years on the Kaisercraft design team so my blog (www.bixies.blogpot.com) is full of Kaisercraft projects!

How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
My youngest Jadeyn was born 8 weeks early and due to some complications I wasn’t allowed out of bed to see him so the staff at NICU started a little scrapbook for me. Thought it was a fantastic idea but thought it would be better with more photos so that was the start. I brought an album and thought I would do a page for each of their birthdays and 6 years later I am still going – and no I still haven’t done all their birthdays!

What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I love doing layouts as they tell a story but I also love working with canvas and beyond the page projects.

What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?
I would have to say Kaisercraft because that is all I have been playing with over the last 2 years. I love the fact that they continually bring out "wow" creations and are always working on giving us fun things to create with.
(Liz says: Perfect! We happen to be BIG fans of Kaisercraft around here and so we're going to be giving away this pad to one lucky commenter on Vicki's Gallery. Keep reading for more info.)

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
I am a bling and flower type of girl so I tend to add these to every project!

What is your current favorite technique or embellishment?
I have been playing with resin moulds and flowers and have had some successful and some unsucessful attempts at colouring these!
(Liz says: Yay - this week we're loading up the resin and our first of many shipments of molds)

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
In the short-term - I want to be more successful with getting really cool colours on my resin moulds :)

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
I started scrapbooking when my youngest was born so a good piece of advice would be NOT to do this - as I am forever trying to catch up all the baby photos from the older children – so start before your first is born!

What have been some of your favourite projects
I have quite a few favourites - and they are always changing - but here is a peek at a few of my favourites. I have loaded these all individually in the Artfull Crafts gallery so you can view these anytime.


Thanks Vicki! We're really looking forward to our year with you.

Now head to Vicki's Gallery and leave a comment on the project which you would most love to wrap up and put under the Christmas tree for a special friend. Since Vicki was on the Kaisercraft Design Team for two years, we're going to give away away a Kaisercraft Bubblegum Hills 6x6 Paper Pad to a commenter. You have until midnight Friday Sept 6th to make your comment

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki. I've left my comment on the page layout of the baby, second down on the left. I'm so taken by it, to me that page is just perfect :) I'd wrap it up as a gift (change the pic of the baby of course hahah) for a friend. I've recently discovered the pleasure of giving a page away as a gift to my childrens grandparents... and its priceless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Vicki! Love your work, totally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted on Bonjour, but Vicki overall I am impressed with your style! You have a great talent for layering and bringing in so much fun without overwhelming or taking away from the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki your work is truly amazing. I love your works and cant wait to see more of your creations. TFS AJ-

    ReplyDelete