Thursday, August 30, 2012

DT Intro - Tracy Jackson

Today we welcome Tracy Jackson!

Keep reading right to the end to find out how to win a 6x6 MME Indie Chic paper pad. Everyday there will be another prize to win... so don't miss a day!


How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
I started Card making and Scrapbooking in 2007, after a friend came around for visit and showed me what she had just bought at a Scrapbook shop. I have always gravitated towards anything arty, so I picked it up rather fast. I joined many Design Teams along the way including the Marianne Createables International Design Team (image below), and even plucked up the courage to start up a challenge blog with a former Artfull crafts DT member Lou. It's called the Southern Girls Challenge.
 What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards?
I tend to get most of my inspiration from all the talented blogs I find on the net. I also love to see new product and I am in my element at night when kids have gone to bed, music playing in background, surrounded by my hoarded stash. Unfortunately when I get to bed, I lay there thinking of projects to do. I hope that being on Artfull Crafts design team that I inspire other fellow crafters.

What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I am an avid card maker who dabbles in a little scrapbooking and of the page

What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?
I really struggle with a favorite brand because I think your tastes changes along with the trends. Kaiser is always a great one as the new releases are constant. I do tend to be a paper hoarder… at the moment I am loving Graphic 45, Bo Bunny and My Minds Eye.

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
Copics, copics and more copics… they bring the inner child out in me! (And they can’t be separated from me either…they have been know to sneak into my bag and come to work with me) I have constantly ink stained fingers! (See Tracy's fabulous colouring with her Copics>>)

What is your current favourite technique or embellishment?
Chipboard and Dies, they really add dimension to any project

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?

My scrapbooking has really been put on the back burner over the last few years, so I am really hoping to step up and show you a couple layouts this year along with many cards and OTP. I am seeing a lot of smash books too… I am on the verge of taking the leap and giving one a go.

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
Hunt around on the net. There is a wealth of talent and experience out there. Join in on local classes. If unsure on a product, or wanting to know more on it, join in on the Artfull Crafts Facebook Page and I am positive that between the talents of the Design Team, someone will have an answer.

Can you share with us your three favourite projects – and tell us a little about how you created them and why you love them?


When creating anything OTP, I like for it to be used or seen. In this case I made 6 of these little carry cases for my daughters birthday to give to her friends instead of loot bags. Each of the four compartments was filled with lollies, makeup, stickers and pencil/pad set… Their little faces were priceless.



I wanted to create a soft vintage looking card. By bringing in the lace, cloth and choosing embellishments to match the paper I think this card has a wonderful dreamy look about it.

      
Finally, this card is a more recent card I have made for my cousin. I love the humor of this card, and knowing the new addition is going to be a boy, I got to use my new Bazzill Basics Paper – Wayfarer which is so thick and married it up with natural looking embellishments like the bare chipboard and brown string strip





Liz's Note and Prizes to win!
Tracy's blog is filled with bright, beautifully presented cards and we are looking forward to seeing lots more of her work! We invite you to start following Tracy.

Now head to Tracy's Gallery and leave a comment on a project that reminds you of your best friend. Since Tracy loves My Mind's Eye (and pinks and oranges) we are giving away a 6x6 MME Indie Chic paper pad to one lucky commenter. You have until midnight Friday Sept 6th to make your comment.




2 comments:

  1. You rock those images and copics :) Awesome work Trace amd congrats on becoming a member of the AC team :xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tracy my face is priceless along with your daughter friends. Never seen or heard of this cute little box. It's truly beautiful and such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete