Monday, September 3, 2012

DT Intro - Christine Bonifacio

Today we welcome back Christine Bonifacio! Christine lives locally on a dairy farm and generously gives her time to run classes and visit the store (what a chore!!). She loves using dies and creates beautiful cards and layouts.

Keep reading right to the end to find out how to win a set of Teresa Collins Album covers. Everyday there will be another prize to win... so don't miss a day!


Hi everyone. Christine here to answer a few questions about myself.

How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
Saw an Online store advertised on the Living Channel, so looked it up and from there I was able to discover this fabulous craft and awesome ideas on the web.

What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards? 
I used to buy every scrapbooking magazine I could find! But now I find inspiration from bloggers sharing their beautiful creations. So many amazing ideas and techniques out there.

What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I love making cards which I give away as gifts and so I like to make something to put a set of cards in. I have made decorated tins, boxes and bags for my cards. Here's a set of cards and a box that I will be teaching at a class in October at Artfull Crafts.


What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?

Authentique, Carta Bella, Teresa Collins - I like how they have put together their Collections - with paper, embellishments, rubons, stickers, etc. It makes scrapbooking and cardmaking so much easier for me as everything co-ordinates – Love that!

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without? 
I have just changed from a Cuttlebug to a Big Shot so still getting the hang of it,  But I love to use  embossing folders, Spellbinders dies and My Favourite Things Die-namics! I  use an ATG gun for my cardmaking which makes it so much quicker. But I still like my green Tombow glue for scrapbooking.

What is your current favorite technique or embellishment?
Making rosettes and embellishing them with diecuts and buttons. I have used my new tool the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool -the round one, to create the centre of the rosette on the card below.


What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
Do a bit more OTP stuff/creations!

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
Use sketches to use as a base and build on from there.

Do you have a blog?
Yes  I now do! You can find me here ChristineBcreates

I am thrilled to be back on the Design Team for another year. So looking forward to lots of creating and working with the new Team. I have been busy feeding calves over the last few weeks!  But I have made a little time to create and here's another card that I have made from Carta Bella - Paris Girl range.





The printed butterfly ribbon on the 3rd card is just new out from Kaisercraft (Timless Ribbon).
 You can check out some more cards using the Paris Girl paper on my Blog  here and here.

TFL and Happy Creating!
Christine



Liz's Note and Prizes to win!
Christine's blog is filled with lovely cards and layouts using the newest and most popular dies. If you aren't following Christine already, then take the chance to join her blog today.

Now head to Christine's Gallery and leave a comment on the that uses a die that you would love to get your hands on! We're giving away this set of 8x8 Album Covers from Teresa Collins to one lucky commenter. You have until the 5th of September to make your comment.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Christine you live on a dairy farm. Now that's cool along with your beautiful creations. I have to say I've never made a rosettes and this is on my must try list along with I must have Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio Tool. LOL TFS AJ

    ReplyDelete