Sunday, August 25, 2013

DT Intro - Christine Bonifacio

We are excited to introduce our new Design Team over the course of the next few days. Please head to the blog to see the official announcement!

 Today we welcome back Christine Bonifacio!


Hi! I live locally on a dairy farm and love to run classes and visit the Artfull Crafts store (what a chore!!). I love using dies to create cards and layouts.  When I'm not in my craft room creating, you can find me feeding calves, or out in the garden!
How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
I saw an online scrapping store advertised on the Living Channel, so looked it up and from there I was able to discover this fabulous craft and awesome ideas on the web.



What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards? 
I like to use sketches to base my cards and layouts on, there are lots of weekly ones to follow. My favourite is the MOJO sketches for cards and Pagemaps for Layouts. Pinterest is my latest 'thing'- so many amazing ideas and techniques out there.

What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I love making cards using up the 'leftovers' after making a Layout. It is surprising how you can use them up! I find I am making a lot more square cards lately and now that I have an envelope maker I can just whip up a matching envelope to suit!


What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?
It keeps changing with each new one that comes out! Authentique, Carta Bella, Kaisercraft, Prima - I like how they  put together their Collections - with paper, embellishments, rubons, stickers, etc. It makes scrapbooking and cardmaking so much easier for me as everything co-ordinates – Love that!

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without? 
My Big Shot! I love to use  embossing folders, Spellbinders dies and My Favourite Things Die-namics! I  use an ATG gun for my cardmaking which makes it so much quicker. But I still like my green Tombow glue for scrapbooking.

What is your current favorite technique or embellishment?
Adding some Bakers twine to a card and layout instead of ribbon! And I now have a Washi tape Collection!


 What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
Use some of my Washi tape! I have also dabbled a little with Project Life in the last few years, so would like to be more consistant with that.

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
Get into Project Life, a great concept and a simple way to start and then you can do full page fancy ones to add in as well.

Do you have a blog?
Yes I do! You can find me here ChristineBcreates

I am thrilled to be back on the Design Team for another year. So looking forward to lots of creating and working with the new Team.

TFL

Happy Creating!

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment