Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Robbi - DT Intro

Hi Everyone in "Scrappy Land"....Robbi
 here to tell you a little about Myself and my Scrapbooking Journey.


Liz has asked me to stay on the DT for another year and I hopefully will be able to bring you some inspiring goodies over my next term along with the other wonderful members of the Artfull Crafts DT for 2013/14.
 
While you come on this journey with me today I will show you some of my recent creations and you hopefully will also learn a little about what pushes my "scrappin" buttons.
 
This layout is using some of the amazing "Curiosity" Collection from Kaisercraft
(I will bring more of it in my next blog post)
Ok its Q & A time
 
How were you introduced to paper crafting:-
To tell you the truth I can't really remember. I do however remember putting some stickers and a photo on a bit of paper about 10yrs ago and thinking ...OK if this is scrapbooking I can do it!
little did I know that day, where I would end up.
 
What kind of paper crafting do you enjoy:-
I love scrapbooking! however I am falling further in love with OTP items but really where do you put them all lol. I am totally in awe of crafters (like our very own Miss Betsy) who can come up with these amazing cards, Unfortunately while I can make them if I really put my mind to it...they really are just to small and mine always end up being top heavy because I just keep adding goodies. So I will stick to my 12 x 12's
 
What inspires you for crafting:-
Pinterest...it has to be the best internet invention ever. If I just cant find that little "thing" to give me a start or if I'm having a mega meltdown due to not being able to get started Pinterest becomes my biggest friend (more so than Chocolate and Wine!!!)
 





This layout was created using the Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection and one of the latest Prima Mixed Media Doll Stamps.
 
What is your Favourite Brand and Why:-
Tim Holtz, Graphic 45, Prima, and of course Kaisercraft.
all these Companies (Brands) are amazing and Kaisercraft has really come to the foreground in its paper collections in the last couple of years. Tim well he will always be a total favourite (and he gives the best hugs!) Prima and Graphic 45 have always been big hits with me  - Graphic 45 because of its versatility and I love the fussy cutting that it offers, Prima...well its just gorgeous (usually lol...I have been known to not like a collection or 2)
 
What tools can you not do without:-
My Cuttlebug!... My Bias Square, My steel ruler, My sharp Knife, My sepia ink, actually the list is endless!
 
What is your current favourite technique or embellishment:-
right now it would have to be using the Prima Mixed Media Doll stamps...I am totally in love with them as they offer so much fun while creating layouts (cards!) etc. However my fav technique and has been for quite a few years is distressing, inking and lifting and you will never find one of my layouts or OTP items without this somewhere included.
 

This is the 2nd layout for August, (but shhhh no-one has seen this yet as class is on this weekend) this is also using the Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection and Prima Doll Stamps
 
What do you hope to try and improve this year:-
That's easy! Blogging...I have good intentions but unfortunately one week bleeds into another and before long the month is up.
 
What advice can you give to those just beginning their paper crafting journey:-
Don't be pushed into purchasing the latest "must have" item. Buy the basics (you will never regret spending the funds to purchase good basic gear) steel ruler, knife, scissors, glue, tape gluestick, scorer, Sepia ink, Archival jet black ink, good size cutting mat, and/or paper trimmer and of course when funds are available a heat gun and cuttlebug. Work out what is best for you as far as the purchase of "goodies" ... we all fall into the trap of the "having to have" and really unless you are confident at using the goods you will probably end up tossing it in the corner and regretting the purchase,  try and have a play with bigger items either at a class or in store, make sure it is for you as the fancy items can come later on once you are more confident in your ability. Attending classes is a great way of finding out your strengths and weaknesses and allowing you to build up your confidence  .........REMEMBER there is never mistakes in scrapbooking only opportunities to pursue a different course.
 

This Layout was created using the Bo Bunny "Cest La Vie Collection and Kaisercard and of course Tim's Sewing Room Die
 
 
Thank You for coming on this little Q & A with me... I hope you have gained a little insight into what makes me tick (Maybe....Wine and Chocolate...). Anyway just a final thought I have loved every minute being on the DT for Artfull Crafts and I look forward to the year ahead, I hope to come to Timaru and teach a few classes along with my monthly classes in Dunedin and  Balclutha, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time at SENZ earlier this year, meeting and teaching so many lovely crafters. It really shows it is a wonderful craft to be involved in
Till Next Time
 
Take Care and
Happi Scrappin"
 
Robbi xxx







2 comments:

  1. Super happy to have you back on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't imagine you not being on the team. Congratulations Robbi. I'm constantly in awe of your wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete