Thursday, July 16, 2015

Christine S. - Little One & Fly Free

Hi there! How are you today? Christine S. here sharing a couple of layouts featuring 2 different July Kaisercraft collections.  Let's start with a boy's layout created with the Little One collection.

You're So Sweet

My handsome nephew absolutely loves the color green, & it is crucial to add a big splash of this color to this fun page.  The base is a thick blue cardstock, which is topped with the adorable Jack paper.  I've added some texture paste through the Quarters template.  I then mixed some flouro green paint & TA Inchworm Chalkboard Mist, & splashed a good amount on top.  Some more splatters of various mists are then added.

2

I've cut out some cute elephants from the 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad.  The papers behind the photo & a couple of die cut pieces are from the pad as well.

5

A blue twine is tied at the left, & a couple of stamping has been added to finish it all off.

034

I have not forgotten to add a journaling space to the right side, as I'm giving this layout to my sister in law.  I had fun creating this page & I hope she likes it as much as I do.  It is also inspired by our June/July Color Challenge:

june%20colour%20challange

You've got until the 30th to enter here.

Last but not the least is a girl's layout featuring the colorful Fly Free collection.  As soon as I saw these papers I instantly longed for lovely Spring days.  This page is a feast of blooming flowers surrounded with fluttering butterflies & colorful birds, around an unforgettable photo that will put a smile on one's face every time.

Hello Spring

This is the very first time my daughters had a photo shoot together, which was Spring time 2 years ago.  My eldest had no problems at all smiling, posing & taking directions from the photographer.  My youngest one, on the other hand was not in the happiest mood, crying & not calming down.  Lucky I bought some biscuits with us so she nibbled away & finally calmed down.  We had to take a photo of them together while she eats the biscuit, as this was the only way.  Every time I removed it, she'd scream her lungs out.  What a day that was...very memorable indeed! At least we get to put her in the basket, & it looks so adorable.  Saved by the biscuit!

031

It is key to make the photo stand out in this busy layout, which is why I applied the paper tole technique to it with a twist.  I've simply developed 2 prints of the same picture, one in color & the other in black & white.  I've cut out my youngest one's image from the black & white print & adhered in on the colored print with foam adhesives.  It definitely makes you look at the photo twice.

036

The Friendship die cut specialty paper is layered on top of a black corrugated cardboard & provides the perfect backdrop for this Spring layout.  Two birds have been cut out from the specialty gloss paper & are added on top of the exact images at the bottom right with dimension, again going for the 3D/paper tole effect.

The other papers I've added here from the collection are Gal Pal, BF, & Sister.  A couple of statements from the sticker sheet, collectable pieces, & butterflies from the specialty gloss paper are added as well.  It's all finished off with some flower & leaf clusters, splatters for a touch of shimmer & journaling.

I hope you enjoyed my post today, & thanks for dropping by.  You can check out the Little One collection here & the Fly Free collection here. 

Until then,

Christine S.







No comments:

Post a Comment