Saturday, July 25, 2015

Melissa - Focusing on Hand Stitching with Fly Free

Good morning, it's Melissa here and today I have two more layouts that I made with Kaisercraft's new Fly Free collection.  In an effort to use more of my tools and items I have in my stash that will never run out, I decided to focus on hand stitching on these two layouts.  I used my really old Amy Tangerine stitching template - I think its the first alphabet one she released, and has capital letters and some icons and a couple of borders.  Liz currently has this embroidery stencil from Amy's Plus One collection.

I went very minimal on my previous layout with this collection, so I knew that I'd want to go back to bold on these two.  My first layout uses this paper called QT as a background, and what I love is that most of the work is already done for me with the beautiful scene around the edge.  I paired it with an outdoor photo of our youngest and I when she was only 6 weeks old on the jetty at Jacks Point (here in Queenstown).

I started with some water colour splatters in pink, green and orange.  I hand stitched a heart on my photo, and a scallop border under the cut apart. 


 I've kept embellishment to a minimum because the background paper is just so busy.


More journalling on this little cut apart.


I water coloured my doily green to make it match.

My second layout combines mixed media and stitching, and is about the love my youngest has for our oldest.  I started by creating a background with the Gal Pal and Besties papers, and then positioned my two photos.  I applied gesso with my finger to integrate the two patterns, and then applied water colours with the packaging technique and splattering.  I hand stitched the title and a border below the photos.


Journalling on the tiny tag, which I attached with a brad.  The phrase stickers were perfect accents.


A close up of my hand stitching and messy background!


Thanks for looking!

You can purchase the Fly Free collection in the shop here.

Enjoy your weekend
Melissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment