Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Lisa - Fly Free layout

Hi there! It's Lisa here, and today I have quick post featuring a layout made using Kaisercraft's Fly Free collection to share with you. :) This range has lots of lovely patterns, and plenty of bright pink & green which are nice & cheerful at this time of year!

I used a piece of plan white cardstock as my base, and added six different patterns from the collection on top. I did this by cutting pages from the small paper pad on the diagonal, and piecing them together into squares, patchwork-style. The patterns may be vastly different, but the shared colour theme helps pull them together into a cohesive unit.




I used a couple of the patterned punched borders (also from the small paper pad) along the top and left hand edges to "break" all the straight lines a little. My photo (black & white, purposely chosen so as not to compete with the bright colours) was placed a little off-centre, and I then added a group of floral embellishments on the bottom right-hand side, made up of some of the Collectables and a couple of other bits and pieces from my stash in matching colourways. The gorgeous butterfly is also from the Collectables.

A simple layout, but a fun way to use a variety of papers at the same time. You can find the lovely Fly Free collection here.

Thanks so much for looking, and I'll see you again soon! :)

Cheers,
Lisa

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous! Beautiful papers and colours, and a great design. Looks fab with a black and white photo.

    ReplyDelete