Friday, July 10, 2015

Lisa - Botanica layouts

Good morning! Lisa here once more, and this time I have a couple of layouts to share that I have made using one of my recent favourite Kaisercraft releases: the lovely Botanica range. I absolutely adore this-- shades of soft greens and naturals, with lots of subtle nature-inspired patterns and designs. I had a blast working with this!



My first layout has a kraft cardstock base-- I love how it sets off all the other colours I've used. On top of that, I have layered two designs of patterned paper from the small paper pad, along with a diecut border from the same pad. My simple black and white photo goes on top, along with an assorted selection of embellishments-- some of the collectables, along with various other bits and pieces from my stash, including some touches of gold, which goes remarkably well with this collection.

A closer shot of the embellishment cluster is below:


My second layout is on a base of white cardstock, which I splattered with some black Indian ink. Once that dried, I chose three patterned papers and arranged them together, hand-tearing the very top and bottom pieces to get an uneven border line. (I really like this effect, and it's so very easy to do.)


I cut around my photo by hand (a picture of me at around 3 or 4 years old) and attached it, adding a cluster of embellishments on the right: some collectables, a lace doily, a couple of wooden veneer pieces, a kraft tag, and a few other goodies from my stash to finish everything off.

Again, a close-up shot is below:


Both these layouts are amongst my favourites I have made, and the Botanica range is so much fun to work with. You can find it in the shop here. 

As always, thanks so much for looking, and I will see you again soon!

Cheers,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment