Saturday, July 4, 2015

Megan - Scrap Yard Toilet Rolls

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit late to the party with my reinvention of the toilet roll ;) but this month and next month the theme is "Anything Goes" so I reckon you can still get creating with them!


Ive turned my toilet roll into a steampunk spool!  And Ive used bits and bobs from my DT kit as well as things I had lying round in my stash for ages and wondered what on earth I was going to do with them!


Ive used the paper pad to decorate the spool itself and randomly stamped around the edges in black Archival ink.


The large orangey cog was a die cut in my kit which Ive inked with Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Brushed Corduroy and Fired Brick, and then inked around the edges in Pinecone.
Everything has been adhered with Helmar 450 and foam tape used to give depth between the layers.


A couple more close ups for you :)



For my card I got a bit messy, unusual for me because I really don't do messy - just ask my mother lol.  To create the background Ive distressed the leftover scraps of paper from the spool, and used BoBunny Glimmer Sprays to make a splatter effect, before randomly stamping.


The central cluster is just a mixture of cogs, tags and sequins.  Simple but looks effective!


So, what do you think?  Leave me a comment and I'll ask the ladies in the shop to do a random draw and I'll send you the card :)

6 comments:

  1. WOW These are gorgeous Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steampunk is my favourite style.
    Cheers Barbara Tibbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liking the look of the cogs and the dream ticket on the card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing as usual Megan. Love the card especially as it is made from your bits 'n pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Megan
    Parcel arrivered today. Just loved it.
    Barbara Tibbles

    ReplyDelete