Thursday, June 5, 2014

Lisa - Heirloom layout

Hi there! It's Lisa here once again with a quick post in which I'm sharing a layout I made with one of the June Kaisercraft releases, Heirloom. This range features lovely soft colours and patterns, and therefore is absolutely perfect for showcasing heritage/vintage pages. I used it to scrap a layout featuring me as a flowergirl in the 1970s-- which definitely seems to classify as vintage-- yikes. Like I don't feel old enough already! ;)


I used some of the Past sheet on a base of subtly patterned cardstock, and paired it with a sentiment cut from the Descent paper, anchored at the bottom with a strip cut from another sheet, featuring words & their definitions. In lieu of journalling (which admittedly, I am not fabulous at) it's a nice touch, I think.  The photo (that's 4 year old me in the long lemon dress-- and my Dad is the best man on the right!) is surrounded by a selection of Collectables, a gorgeous cream flower and a scatter of silver rhinestones. A couple of veneer hearts finish everything off. :)

A couple of close ups below:



And that's it. :) Thanks so much for looking, and I'll be back later in the month with a post featuring another of the June releases: Dream Big. Happy crafting, and stay warm!

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment