Friday, June 13, 2014

Melissa - Dream Big Layout

Good morning it's Melissa here!  I hope you've had an awesome week!

I'm back with another layout I made with Kaisercraft's new Dream Big Collection.  My layout is about my dear friend's little boy (aged 2.5) who came to visit my new baby Brielle.  He had a teddy bear for her and wanted to give it to her.  She was asleep in the bassinet, and of course I had to capture him giving the teddy to "the baby".  So cute!!!


I loved using a more busy patterned paper with a plainer one, and in this instance I paired the orange pattern with the trendy chalk board.  A strip of paper and some washi tape across the join, and of course I had to sew around the edges.  Not only is this a great way to add texture, but it also saves in adhesive!  

I kept this layout really simple, as the photo is so sweet.  The cut apart card served as the title, and I just layered some other die cuts, added some twine, sequins and some stars.  The photo mat is actually a 6 x 4 cut apart card that I strategically cut and placed with elements over it so it looks bigger than it really is.  I trimmed the corners with my exacto knife and tucked the corners of the photo into them.  Don't be afraid to cut up elements and make them work for you!  Of course I had to finish my layout with some white ink splatters!

You can purchase Dream Big in the shop here.

I'll be back soon
Melissa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment