Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Melissa - Kaisercraft Dream Big


Hello, its Melissa here and I'm back after a month off over May adjusting to having a new baby in the house.  Can you believe she is 7 weeks old already!

For my projects this month I got to play with Kaisercraft's new Dream Big collection, which is bright and beautiful and full of fun die cuts and collectables, with a touch of chalkboard.

My first layout features a special piece of paper that already has a lot of the work done for you.  I used the frame for my photo, then added the die cut for a title, and layered a couple more die cuts and i cut a banner from the pink and white chevron paper.  I'm making a real effort to use the flowers that Liz gives us for embellishments, and I used four on this layout.



A close up of the flowers and drops of Heidi Swapp Colour Shine mist.


I cut down a 4 x 6 photo of my daughter on the slide at our local park and glued it behind the frame die cut.



My second layout is a photo of my new baby daughter and I in the hospital.  I love using large pieces of bold paper like this floral.  Once I'd decided on the position of all my elements and photos I applied some mist with a plastic bag (one of my favourite techniques).  I mixed some Colour Shine with white opaque mist from Studio Calico.  This layout came together quickly, and I added dimension to the butterflies and small word elements with pop dots.


A close up showing my journalling and crochet tape.


A close up of butterflies and jewels.


I made my own embellished tag by painting a plain chipboard tag with white acrylic paint, then adding the flowers, a die cut and some twine.


Make sure you check out the shop for the Dream Big Collection.

Have a great short week!
Melissa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Liz! At first I was too scared to scrap the new baby photos, but the beautiful product helped me get over it!

    ReplyDelete