Thursday, September 15, 2011

Another couple of Springlike cards - Betsy

Well ladies - Betsy here, on another Spring day, after a cool morning. I do so enjoy this time of the year, now that I don't have lambs to feed etc! Mind you, I never did it very willingly, even when I was a farmer's wife.I prefer them, lambs that is, frolicking in the paddocks!!

I have another couple of Springlike cards to share today - love is in the air!



This card is called a " bow fronted card", the tutorial being found on Card-making-magic's website. Thank you to Christina. Martha Stewart punch was used for the borders, Spellbinders die for cutting the frames and don't you love the flowers? I did cheat and bought these when I was in Auckland at SENZ. The stall was right across from Artfull Crafts and I just couldn't resist them. The card is held in a bow shape by acetate - I have taught this card a few times and I know, overall, the ladies enjoyed making them.



This next card is one I taught at Artfull Crafts, one Wednesday morning recently. It just goes to show by using different papers etc how you can get quite a different look. Again, Spellbinders die was used for cutting the shapes, retro punches for making the main flower and the gorgeous small roses are available at Artfull Crafts. Those Kaisercraft sparklets are stunning for the flower centers.The butterfly was punched out using the Martha Stewart punch.I can't remember what the paper was called but it was from Artfull Crafts. Lovely!

Trust you can all understand this ramble - it has been quite a business getting it up and running!
Thanks for checking in - enjoy your day.

Blessings to all,
Betsy.

6 comments:

  1. Very sweet cards Betsy. glad you got there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the ladies DO love those bow-fronted cards. The paper was Kaisercraft's Flutterby range (from a few years ago) - but it's still a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS forgot to say that I like my lamb on a plate...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards again. All this creativity in such a pleasant lady.
    The lambs are lovely to look at without the responsibility -like babies at my stage of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how lovely these window cards look !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy - these are wonderful. I NEED to come and take a couple of card classes with you!

    ReplyDelete